For the purposes of this document, “politics” is understood as a series of measures taken for a specific end.
The end aimed by the Locaweb group companies, hereinafter referred to only as Locaweb, is to protect the personal data and privacy of any individual who accesses the company’s website, hires services and/or accesses “websites” or uses, in any way, services offered by the Locaweb Group and which, hereinafter, are referred to as general Internet users.
This end will be achieved through the following practices:
- Disclosure, by Locaweb, on how personal information is obtained.
- Disclosure, by Locaweb, on how personal information is used.
- Disclosure, by Locaweb, on how personal information is stored and protected.
- Disclosure, by Locaweb, of its Internet users’ rights.
This Policy will be filed at a Registry of Titles and Documents and may be changed, by Locaweb, at any time, with the new version becoming effective as soon as its filing occurs.
Internet users who browse Locaweb’s website, or hire services provided by the company, declares to be aware and in accordance with the terms of this Policy, namely:
- HOW PERONSAL INFORMATION IS OBTAINED
Locaweb declares that it:
- Automatically collects, and stores information sent by computers, mobile phones or any other devices that provide internet access. The information collected includes, for example, the following: information on what pages where viewed, IP address, ID or identifier for the device used, type of device, geolocation information, computer and connection data, mobile network information, statistics on the pages viewed, traffic to and from other websites, URL referral, advertising data, standard web log data and other information. As information is obtained through applications and/or “websites” installed and/or accessed through mobile device applications, Locaweb may receive data on the Internet user’s location and device, including a unique identifier of his/her device. Most mobile devices allows users to control or turn off geolocation information by accessing this option on its settings menu.
- Automatically collects and stores anonymous information using pixel tags, “flash cookies” or other local storage options provided by the browser or applications (hereinafter referred to as “Cookies”), which consist of small data files that are inserted in your computer or device whenever a user access Locaweb’s “website” or certain Locaweb service providers, for the purpose of monitoring behavior, directing advertising campaigns, develop and apply security features and anti-fraud measures, among others.
- Stores information provided by Internet users when hiring services offered by Locaweb, either through online forms, updating of additional information or data from the user’s account, forum discussions, chats or dispute resolutions in which the internet user is somehow involved. This information basically consists of the user’s name, address, telephone, e-mail, declared financial data, ID number (RG), and taxpayer number (CPF).
- Stores the information provided by the Internet user in interactions with the company’s support team and surveys, including recordings of telephone conversations.
- Obtains and stores information obtained from commercial partners, such as, for example, risk analysis companies, spam monitoring companies or other service providers that integrated with Locaweb.
- May obtain information stored by third parties, such as social media websites, as authorized by the internet user.
- HOW PERSONAL DATA IS USED
The personal information obtained by Locaweb is used to:
- Enable the provision and improvement of our services;
- Enable payments for hired services to be received;
- Confirm the identity of Internet users;
- Solve problems;
- Manage risks or attempt to detect, prevent and/or remedy fraud or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- Detect, prevent or remedy violations of applicable policies or contracts;
- Manage and protect our information technology infrastructure;
- Provide targeted advertising and marketing campaigns, notify service updates and send promotional offers based on the user’s communication preferences;
- Perform credit and solvency checks, as well as compare information for greater accuracy and confirm them with third parties.
- Comply with the Brazilian Civil Rights Internet Framework guidelines and maintain records on users’ application access and connectivity.
Locaweb declares that it:
- Shares the information obtained with its business partners, as a way to enable and improve the development of its activities. As an example, we can mention as partners who receive information from Locaweb, risk analysis companies, in addition to companies that monitor spams or provide services that are integrated with Locaweb.
- Requires commercial partners to comply with this Policy regarding the information received by the company.
- Respects all guidelines provided by the Brazilian Civil Rights Internet Framework, being certain that it does not disclose the internet user’s personal and connection information to third parties, except for the provisions listed above and in situations involving a court order.
- Does not sell or rent the Internet user’s personal information to third parties for marketing purposes and strongly acts to preserve data and confidentiality by means of its internal information security policy.
III. HOW PERONSAL INFORMATION IS STORED AND PROTECTED
Locaweb declares that it:
- Relies on a computer network, dedicated cloud servers and other information technology and infrastructure for its operations, including, but not limited to, the use of third-party service providers and SAAS tools.
- Stores personal information on its Datacenter servers, located at Rua Itapaiuna, 2434, in the City of São Paulo, at Terremark, located at Avenida Ceci, no 1.900, conjunt A, in the City of Barueri, and also by using cloud storage.
- Does not have knowledge on where information that feeds the SAAS tools are stored or if they are sent to other service providers.
- Adopts physical, technical and administrative security measures to protect its user’s personal information and reduce risks of loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure and alterations. Such measures includes firewalls and data encryption, controlled physical access to data centers, as well as controlling authorization for access to information.
- INTERNET USERS’ RIGHTS
Internet users may:
- Request that Locaweb removes him/her from marketing e-mails so that he/she stops receiving notifications on events and promotions.
- Disable Cookies, if permitted by their browser or add-ons, except in situations where Cookies are necessary to guarantee the quality of services being provided. Remember that disabling Cookies may interfere with the quality of the website and services.
- Review and edit their personal information at any time by accessing their account and profile.
- Request the removal of their personal information after 3 (three) years in which their contract with the company has ended.